Rules & Guidelines Oct 27, 2012 18:05:18 GMT -5
Post by CC Corp on Oct 27, 2012 18:05:18 GMT -5
01. RESPECT your fellow members. There will be no spamming, no harassing, no flaming, no trolling, no anything of that sort. We all have opinions, but you don't need to beat people with them. Respect the hard-working staff as well. Their decisions are final, so what they say goes. If you feel very strongly that you have been wronged, pm me the situation and we will sort something out.
02. When REGISTERING you can use any name you like, but you must change it to your character's name in your profile before applying.
03. When POSTING there is a minimum word count of 100 words. God-moding is a big NO for regular members. However, certain players who are given the privilege and GMs are exempted from this rule for plot purposes. As in, they are ONLY allowed to God-mode when hosting a dungeon or plot-related event and this will still be kept at a minimum. Any such behavior outside of these restrictions will be looked down upon with a warning and repeated offenses will simply get you kicked out. The site runs on liquid time.
04. When CREATING A THREAD, if you're not familiar with how the keyword system for .hack works, please drop by the Fields & Dungeons guide to learn how to create an area thread. All player-created area threads must be within the sub-board designated to its level! Use these KEYWORDS to make your thread.
05. The site rating is PG-13 and must be kept that way in all content, whether in posts, ooc areas, the cbox, and pms. Mild swearing is allowed to an extent.
06. Infinity is a Post-AU version of the .hack series. As such, NO CANON CHARACTERS from the series are allowed. They may be vaguely referenced to as part of The World's history such as "that hero" or "that rogue", but for all purposes of the site's plot no one really knows the identity of the 'hackers' who helped stop The World's past crisis's as CC Corp kept everything top secret.
07. ICONS must be 100x100 and SIGNATURES may not stretch the board.
08. You get only TWO WARNINGS FOR MISCONDUCT. After that it's the ban-hammer.
01. FACE CLAIMS must be animanga! You can use icons from games and original art(be careful with the credits), but they must be in an anime style, otherwise they won't be accepted.
02. You're not allowed to post in any IC boards until your character has been properly accepted by a staff member.
03. Remember the WORD LIMIT? It's only 100 words!
04. When CREATING A CHARACTER there is a set, moderated number of players allowed to make their character a hacker (no genius-level, I-can-shut-down-the-game-whenever-I-want hackers), Gamemaster, and Vagrant AI, so make sure to check the restricted playable character's list for any openings. Hackers can slightly customize their avatars and stats icly, but I wouldn't recommend going overboard with this. If your avatar is too obviously hacked, you'll be pursued by GMs non-stop and forced into hiding (meaning, you'll not be allowed into crowded places like root towns). If you still appear in any populated areas your character will obviously get caught and deleted. Maybe you'll even be banned from the game. And if I see you abusing hacker privileges I might just send you a random GM to pop up in your thread unannounced. You've been warned.
05. You can only have one RESTRICTED PLAYABLE CHARACTERS per member.
06. ONE CHARACTER PER ACCOUNT. To get any more characters than that, you will need to buy a new character slot from our GP Shop.
07. There are NO PRIVATE THREADS. A player can log into any area, at any time (unless it is GM-controlled). However, I do advice you all to consider the mood and timing if you want to invade someone's thread. Try not to be heartless and interrupt someone's critical scene.
08. SOLO THREADS are only allowed in the [Outside The Game] board. By "solo thread" we mean continuously posting in a thread by yourself, without any other member's participation. This also includes posting with any of your other accounts, if in possession of any.
09. When APPLYING please adhere to the provided application form. Don't change it in any way or put up your own app.
10. With the introduction of R:Fusion, CC Corp attempted to relieve some of the rampant PKers (Player Killers) from the previous generation by giving new players INVINCIBILITY against other higher level players. This invincibility lasts only until they reach level 8. Anyone with a higher lvl is exposed, even to newbies.
11. The maximum PARTY SIZE for R:Fusion is three members per party.
12. WHEN YOU DIE, your character fades slowly to grey and 'dissolves' into the air as tiny fragments of light . You are then resurrected at the root town of that server.
13. CLASS EXTENSIONS: once a player has decided to go through the regular class extension, he/she cannot participate in a special class extension event. The same goes for the reverse: if you've acquired a special class, you have forgone the chance to go through the regular class extensions.
01. Since we don't use any stats here other than levels, battling in both player vs player and player vs environment will be solely based on your rp skills and character level. Let's be realistic; a lv.5 character normally can't defeat a lv.25 character, so please try to keep this realism. If your levels are too close to the other player and you don't want to leave it to the honor code to decide the winner, then you may request a GM to judge the fight and decide for you (at your own risk).
02. The staff will be using DICE ROLLS for the express purpose of the special item events. Unfortunately, we can't have 10 players suddenly winning the same special items, so the item will be awarded to the player who deals the finishing blow in the event boss battle. It's for this purpose that a dice roller will be used, making the odds of which player will be the one to deplete the boss' hp to zero more random.
FEELING VIRTUAL PAIN...
In this version of [The World], players can't normally feel pain or any other human sensation that their avatars go through in the game. However, players who come into contact with vagrant AIs, plot npcs, or in-game anomalies may very well be altered to feel the things their avatar is subjected to. Players who feel pain through "The World" are in reality, only feeling the pain that their brain is transmitting through their nervous system. No actual physical manifestation takes place in the real world (ie. no real cuts or bruises). The brain is receiving foreign signals of "pain". Then it carries these signals to the nervous system for the body to perceive. The body reacts accordingly, as if the pain were real.
ON THE CBOX...
01. No trolling/harassing/flaming. This rule is exactly the same as the first general rule, but is worth re-stating. Be respectful of all members of the community. If you have a personal grievance and must discuss it, bring it to PMs.
02. Icons and links must be rated PG-13 or lower. Just try to avoid anything excessively risque/explicit. NSFW stuff is a definite no-no.
03. No cursing like a sailor! Again, this is a re-statement of the general rules. Occasional swearing is perfectly fine, just keep it moderate.
04. No site advertising. Keep in mind, this is specifically regarding someone leaving an advertisement for the express purpose of recruiting people. Any links that are innocently brought up in conversation or the like are completely acceptable.
05. No persistent negativity/aggression/complaining. While it's perfectly fine to vent occasionally, try to keep it from becoming a frequent habit. The cbox is generally intended to be a fun area for the community to come together and we should all do our part to maintain that.