Rules & Guidelines Oct 27, 2012 18:05:18 GMT -5
Post by CC Corp on Oct 27, 2012 18:05:18 GMT -5
01. RESPECT your fellow members and staff. There will be no spamming, no harassing, no flaming, and no trolling. If you feel very strongly that you have been wronged by a member or staff of this site, please pm the head admin (CC Corp) about the situation and we will sort something out.
02. Your DISPLAY NAME must be it to your character's name before applying.
03. There is a MINIMUM OF 100 WORDS PER POST.
04. GOD-MODE is not allowed except for certain members, namely Admins and Dungeon Hosts, for the express purpose of moving forward the site plot or a Dungeon Event (more on Dungeon Events here). You will receive a warning if said behavior is seen and repeated offense may result in a ban.
05. The site runs on LIQUID TIME.
06. When CREATING A THREAD, please keep in mind how the keywords system for .hack series works. If you're not familiar with it, drop by the Fields & Dungeons guide to learn how to create an area thread. All player-created area threads must be within the sub-board designated to its level.
07. The site rating is PG-13 and must be kept that way in all content, whether in posts, ooc areas, the cbox, and pms. Mild swearing is allowed to an extent.
08. NO CANON CHARACTERS from the original .hack series are allowed on the site. They may be vaguely referenced to as part of The World's history such as "that hero" or "that rogue", but for all purposes of the site's plot no one really knows the identity of the 'heroes' who helped stop The World's past crisis's.
09. You get only TWO WARNINGS FOR MISCONDUCT. After that is a ban.
01. You can use FACE CLAIMS from animanga, other games and original art, but games and original art must be in an anime style.
02. You can only have one RESTRICTED PLAYABLE CHARACTER per member (see Restricted Playable Characters).
03. ONE CHARACTER PER ACCOUNT. You will need to buy a new character key from our GP Shop for more.
04. a. There are NO PRIVATE THREADS. A player can log into any area, at any time, with the exception of specific types of threads (see following rule) However, I advice you to consider the mood and timing if you want to invade someone's thread.
04 .b. The following types of threads will be marked with an addition tag of [Closed] when the number of allowed participants is met, and can no longer be joined: Dungeon, The World main event, and certain Plot-related threads.
05. SOLO THREADS are only allowed in the [Outside The Game] board. By "solo thread" we mean continuously posting in a thread without any other member's participation.
06. Players that are level 8 or under are granted INVINCIBILITY to PKers (Player Killers).
07. The maximum PARTY SIZE for R:Fusion is three members.
08. WHEN YOU DIE, your character fades slowly to grey and 'dissolves' into the air as tiny fragments of light . You are then resurrected at the root town of that server.
09. CLASS EXTENSIONS: once a player has decided to go through the regular class extension, he/she cannot participate in a special class extension event. The same goes for the reverse: if you've acquired a special class, you have forgone the chance to go through the regular class extensions.
01. There's no strict adherence to a stat system on this site, hence battling in both player vs player and player vs environment will be solely based on your rp skills and character level. If your levels are too close together and you don't want to leave it to the honor code to decide the winner, then you may request an Admin to judge the fight and decide for you (at your own risk).
In this version of [The World], players can't normally feel pain, or any other human sensation, that their avatars get to experience in the game. However, players who come into contact with vagrant AIs, plot npcs, or in-game anomalies may very well be altered to feel the things their avatar is subjected to. Players who feel pain through "The World" are in reality, only feeling the pain that their brain is transmitting through their nervous system. No actual physical manifestation takes place in the real world (ie. no real cuts or bruises). The brain is receiving foreign signals of "pain". Then it carries these signals to the nervous system for the body to perceive. The body reacts accordingly, as if the pain were real.
01. No trolling/harassing/flaming. Be respectful of all members of the community. If you have a personal grievance and must discuss it, bring it to PMs.
02. Icons and links must be rated PG-13 or lower. Try to avoid anything excessively risque/explicit. NSFW stuff is not allowed.
03. Excessive cursing is frowned upon and will result in a warning from staff.
04. No site advertising. Keep in mind, this is specifically regarding someone leaving an advertisement for the express purpose of recruiting people. Any links that are innocently brought up in conversation or the like are acceptable.
05. No persistent negativity/aggression/complaining. While it's fine to vent occasionally, try to keep it from becoming a frequent habit. The cbox is generally intended to be a fun area for the community to come together and we should all do our part to maintain that.